Who needs a financial advisor when you have TikTok right?
Be careful where you get your financial advice from.
The internet is full of confident people, spouting absolute garbage.
Some are trying to take your money.
Some are trying to get clicks.
And some are… just dumb honestly.
No worries though, we’re here to make sure you always have a top-notch financial education.
Today, we’ll have a little fun picking apart some of these bad takes.
Some topics include:
- Are you destined to run out of money with the 4% rule?
- Are credit cards just a scam?
- Is there a foolproof way to get fancy things like Rolex watches for free?
- Do you have way too much cash in your accounts?
- How owning a house actually does cost money
It’s wild how confident some of these people seem to be with their views.
Financial misinformation is super dangerous and could lead you into some very bad spots.
While we had fun with this one and some are almost comically bad takes, be careful out there.
Remember, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is (except the Mega backdoor Roth of course)
Thank you all for listening and may this episode help you on your path to a financially independent future.
Links from the Episode
Join the Community
We’d love to hear your comments and questions about this week’s episode. Here are some of the best ways to stay in touch and get involved in The FI Show community!
- Grab the Ultimate FI Spreadsheet
- Join our Facebook Group
- Leave us a voicemail
- Send an email to contact [at] TheFIshow [dot] com
If you like what you hear, please subscribe and leave a rating/review!
Learn More About Your Hosts
CodyDBerman.com (Cody’s Blog)
Saving-Sherpa (Justin’s blog)