Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 52:13 — 47.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | More
Today’s episode features Sam Dogen aka Financial Samurai and author of Buy This Not That.
Sam is one of the original voices of financial independence.
He started his blog way back in 2009 and actually let Mr. Money Mustache write an early guest post before he hit it big.
Sam is known for his analytical approach and he comes with a stacked set of credentials.
He spent 13 years working at Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse, studied economics at William & Mary, and got his MBA from UC Berkeley.
Now, he’s going beyond his 2,500 articles and millions of readers and expanding into print.
With his book, Buy This Not That, he looks to give readers the courage to tackle tough money decisions without being saddled with regret.
Some of those decisions include:
- Pay for private school or public school
- Join a startup or work for an established company
- Job hop or stay a loyal soldier
- Invest in real estate or stocks
- When to rent or buy
- When to invest in tax-advantaged versus taxable accounts
- Marry for love or marry for money
- Have children early or late
- Combine your finances or keep separate accounts
- Buy or lease a car
- Keep The Bank Of Mom And Dad open or closed for your adult children
Sam is an insane wealth of knowledge so if you liked this episode as much as we did, please share!
Links From the Episode
Join the Community
We’d love to hear your comments and questions about this week’s episode. Here are some of the best ways to stay in touch and get involved in The FI Show community!
- Grab the Ultimate FI Spreadsheet
- Join our Facebook Group
- Leave us a voicemail
- Send an email to contact [at] TheFiShow [dot] com
If you like what you hear, please subscribe and leave a rating/review!
>> You can do that by clicking here <<
Learn More About Your Hosts
CodyDBerman.com (Cody’s Blog)
Saving-Sherpa (Justin’s blog)