We (Cody and Justin) have both achieved financial independence through drastically different paths.
This episode was a takeover episode for The Mad Fientist’s podcast where we break down the similarities and differences between an employee’s path (Justin) and an entrepreneur’s path (Cody) to FI!
- Live-in flip vs. house hacking
- The sweet spot for buying used cars
- Why focusing on fixed expenses is important
- How to 5x your corporate income
- The unlimited upside of entrepreneurship
- How to get started investing if you’re scared/nervous
- Nest-egging vs. cash-flowing your way to financial independence
- The benefits of a Solo-401(k) for entrepreneurs
- Why the corporate world is great for certain types of people
- Benefits and downsides of entrepreneurship
- Why it’s important to not keep up with the FI Joneses either
If you got value out of this episode, please share it with a friend!
Links From the Episode
- The Mad Fientist’s Podcast
- Our Mega Backdoor Roth Episode
- The Mad Fientist’s Mega Backdoor Roth Article
- Mad Fientist’s Twitter
Join the Community
We’d love to hear your comments and questions about this week’s episode. Here are some of the best ways to stay in touch and get involved in The FI Show community!
- Grab the Ultimate FI Spreadsheet
- Join our Facebook Group
- Leave us a voicemail
- Send an email to contact [at] TheFIshow [dot] com
If you like what you hear, please subscribe and leave a rating/review!
Learn More About Your Hosts
CodyDBerman.com (Cody’s Blog)
Saving-Sherpa (Justin’s blog)